[nagdu] Barking again! (are you tired of this subject line, cause I sure am)

Abigail Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:18:47 UTC 2015

Hi all! I want to start this out by I have been asking around on how to deal with this issue, so any and all advice is welcome. My girl is a barker. I've known this since I received her. And I just take it as a "this is what she does" thing. But, I draw the line at aggressive growling, especially in harness. I went to a doctors office with my Boyfriend last week, and a childs, yoga class let out while I was in the waiting room alone. One of the kids came up to me to look at Jada. All of a sudden, I felt a rumble in my foot. And then I heard a growl. I immediate corrected, probably harder than I needed to, or so I thought. But she continued. This will be the third time I have called my school about Jada barking in some capacity... So hopefully they can help me out a little more this time. But my main worries are 1, I am returning to said doctors office again, and I have no idea what to do with my pup. My second concern is that my practicum later in school will be around children. And I really don't want an aggressive dog around children who are seeing me as a social worker. Any thoughts, at all? Anything at this point. I have a great network of people who are trying to mentally prepare me if I have to Retire Jada, but I don't want to believe that yet! (yay mental resistance!) Anyway! Thanks a ton.
Abigail Bolling
"Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, and just let the music play." (Julie Anderson Diamond)