[nagdu] Summer workplace issue

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Thu Jul 2 05:25:00 UTC 2015

In Dan's opinion the boss isn't being reasonable. Dan, meaning me--lol has
heard too many excuses   for trying to prevent access to a person and their
guide dog. However, of course, I don't know all the circumstances of what is
being done there.  Make sure you have your facts straight and then if you
are in the right stick to it. If not then do the best you can.

I personally am skeptical because my God, in 21 years of guide dog use I
have heard every excuse in the book.
I think the bottom line is that there are regulations meaning laws and the
boss really just can't make them up  as he goes along.

Look I remember one professor not wanting my dog in his class because he
said the class room was too small and there was no room for a dog--smile.  I
remember all sorts of excuses, A  doctor who claimed allergies and then the
next appointment told me, when I asked with concern how the allergies are,
told me in quotes "I didn't have allergies I was just hoping you wouldn't
bring  the dog if I mentioned it, I don't like dogs."
So, bottom line is I don't believe any of the nonsense, I'm thinking of
another word beginning with sh, that you get. Then again, you aren't
required to have my jaded perspective--lol.

There are two ways to deal with this type of thing I think...stand your
ground because sadly  being a guide dog user means you sometimes have to
stand up for yourself, or accommodate everyone else and just keep doing it
more and more to get along.  When I started out as a guide dog user the
first year or two I was the accomodating type it would make me angry with
myself but iI did it, then I found out I was happier  just doing what I
thought I needed to do...now I'm at a place where I'm inbetween both
extremes.  All of this of course is said with the caveat that we don't have
important info, we don't know whethr this is an in quotes, sterile
environment. So find out and let us know, and good luck whatever you do.

Dan the flexible--lol