[nagdu] Summer workplace issue

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:05:57 UTC 2015

Hi Alyssa, I am working at the Inland Northwest Lighthouse for
the summer as a temp employee.  They have a room with kennels.
It is a well-ventilated area, the dogs are all separate from each
other, and outside is an area for taking the dogs out to relieve.
The reason for this is safety issues.  There are many things that
could injure a dog, and the noise is very loud.  I go get my dog
at breaks and lunch.  Someone walks through the kennel area
several times a day, just to make sure everything's okay.  I
think it would be okay, but I'd suggest a crate instead of
tie-down.  You're not going to work at the Lighthouse in your
area forever, but hey, a summer job isn't a bad thing to have.
It will give you extra money, you'll meet people from all walks
of life, and if it's like our Lighthouse, it's kind of fun.  Just
my thoughts.    Debby and Nova