[nagdu] Due process

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:35:07 UTC 2015

You know, we hear about the animals that get abused a lot. The media make a
big deal of it however it happens. Rarely is it a blind person who is
hurting the dogs. We know it happens; it shouldn't. Children can be abused.
We don't have conditional ownership of them. Wives can be abused and, for
that matter, husbands. These things happen. It's wrong. It's horrific. It
happens. I don't know why this morbid fear that someone might abuse their
dog if he/she is given ownership of it. It is in that person's care 24/7
anyhow, and they could have it dead or maimed before the school could ever
get to it. This is just going to be a rare thing, and I don't think we
should not have ownership of our dogs no matter what. If we have bothered to
apply for them, bothered to be inconvenienced by having to go to the
training or, for that matter, to have someone come work with us, then mostly
we are going to be loving dog handlers to the best of our ability.
Cindy Lou Ray