[nagdu] follow Command

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 10 01:45:35 UTC 2015

Hi Danielle,

I agree with Rox.  I do follow the same way.  Eva was not taught follow at
her guide dog school but, with consistent practice she very quickly became
an excellent follower. Having the person call her name to get her attention
has not caused any problems for us.  I don't know what the deal is about not
mentioning the name.  I think it gets the dog's attention so they will then
be expecting and listening for your next command.  As I said, practice,
practice.  In time, she will get better and more consistent.  Good luck.

Sandra and Eva