[nagdu] Calming down?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 18 02:13:57 UTC 2015

Debby,

Thanks, I thought I was the only one who went through this... or whose dog picked up on crazy stress. Normally Jenny is pretty intuitive, and behaves nicely when I am mildly or even moderately stressed... but I'm through-the-roof stressed (I broke down crying and yelling when I noticed I'd sent out 24 resumes with a formatting error).  So it makes complete sense that Jenny is picking up on it.

Daryl
----- Original Message ----- From: Debby Phillips <semisweetdebby at gmail.com> To: NAGDU Mailing List,the National Association of Guide Dog Users <nagdu at nfbnet.org>, nagdu at nfbnet.org Cc: crazymusician at shaw.ca Sent: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:24:02 -0600 (MDT) Subject: Re: [nagdu] Calming down?  Ah, Daryl, I know, I know those days. Back when I had my first dog, my boss and I sort of mutually agreed that I should go. So I resigned, not wanting to have being fired on my employment record. The next day, I went to the local community college to register for a couple classes. I was still a mess from the whole situation. After I registered for my classes, I decided to go have lunch in the cafeteria. I wasn't very familiar with the campus, and definitely had not done cafeteria stuff with a dog before. I picked up my tray, Maxy saw a French fry on the floor, and lunged for it. That caused me to drop my tray, spilling a burger, fries and a drink everywhere. Which caused Maxy to lunge at stuff even more. I was so stressed I don't even remember how I got home. Been there, kiddo. You'll get through this, you really will. But in the meantime, cuddle with Jenny, let her know she's still okay, and take a nap. (Smile).  Hugs,   Debby and Nova