[nagdu] using a tie down

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:59:39 UTC 2015

I use a tie down with my dog on a daily basis. He tends to steal food
and paper so I don't completely trust him in all areas of my house. I
also don't trust my family not to leave tempting items in easy reach
so I find that using a tie down sets him up for success from the
beginning. He also inadvertently annoys my older dog when he gets
overly playful and putting him on tie down limits his playful
tendencies while also allowing the older dog to keep her distance if
she is so inclined. It also keeps him away from the puppy, who he is
starting to want to play with but doesn't realize the size difference
between them. I allow him freedom in my room, outside on the deck, and
when I am actively playing or training in any other area.

He pretty much stays on leash or tie down most of the day, but I don't
leave him in one given area for more than an hour or two. My dog isn't
much of a barker, but I would expect that limiting Jetta's exposure to
the stimuli would limit her barking.

Danielle, Thai, and Bonnie (GDF puppy in training)