[nagdu] {Disarmed} Your Travel Through Orlando Airport

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 03:09:55 UTC 2015

Hi Marsha, we have issues now whenever we go through security.
My husband had hip replacement surgery last year, so he always
sets off the alarms.  He also has a C-Pap.  Sometimes they take
it out and look at it, and sometimes they don't.  Same with my
Apex.  Sometimes they leave it alone, sometimes they don't.  So
now with all this, then comes me and Nova.  Nova's harness will
set the metal detector off.  If they allow me to go through after
Nova goes through, I should not set off anything.  That's what
they're supposed to do.  Spokane generally is very good.
Portland Oregon sucks.  I've even had TSA workers afraid of my
dog, and they ran away.  Lol.  So much for our brave Homeland
Security folks.  Lol.  I've had them pat me down, because after I
got through security with no beeps, my dog reached over and
licked my hand.  So we always get to the airport quite early in
case of trouble.  The explosive thing is supposed to be standard
if someone is traveling with a dog.  Don't ask me why.

Ah yes, and then there are the gate agents and flight attendants.
When I travel with a dog, I do prefer to pre board so that I can
get my dog settled.  However, an Alaska agent told my husband
that it might be just as easy to board last since everybody would
be already seated.  I just hate to feel rushed getting my dog
settled, because then panic mode sets in for me.  Then I start
barking orders at my dog because I'm all in a dither.  From ow
pre-board, then I take my time and get everything done and I'm
settled when everybody else comes aboard.    Debby and Nova