[nagdu] the public and dog breeds

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:48:58 UTC 2015

Hi.
it’s my opinion that, yes, dog breed does matter.  i have had way less problems with folks trying to touch my shepherds or doberman.  i, however, also think that the behavior of the dog makes a difference as well.  if the dog is very businesslike, then you will get less troubles with the public.
a lab that has no interest in seeking attention from the public, lays quietly, guides purposefully, etc, will get less folks trying to touch it.
if the dog is seeking attention such as, sniffing, licking, putting it’s head in laps, jumping up all the time, etc, will get what it is seeking, attention.
i once had a yellow lab who was a total one person dog.  even if someone tried to pet her, she completely ignored them and very abruptly took me around the distraction.  once, when a homeless guy tried to grab her, she even growled at him while taking me way around.

Vivianna