[nagdu] Defiant poodles running away from corrections

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:26:43 UTC 2015

Just wondering, when you give the command to come when she's in
trouble, does your tone change? Dogs do pick up on our tones.
Come is a tricky thing.  Sometimes we need them to come because
we have to give them a pill, or stop some behavior, or whatever.
But at the same time, come needs to be positive.  If you call a
dog to come in a harsh voice, the dog for sure won't come.  So
even though you may be annoyed, make your tone light and playful.
There has to be something good in it for the dog.    Peace,
Debby and Nova