[nagdu] Carrying

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Jun 30 16:18:29 UTC 2015

Tracy,

If you can't beat 'em... It's an intriguing idea, giving him something
to satisfy his oral fixation and need to carry things in his mouth. I've
had some luck giving Mitzi or Loki permission to do something in order
to teach them not to do it when they don't have permission or even
teaching them to do something on command that I don't want them to do
otherwise. So having Krokus carry something you give him to carry will
satisfy that need and give you something to work with on the scavenging?

What I hear about basket muzzles is that they have to be fitted properly
to be comfortable, so ordering one online when you don't know the size
probably isn't the best idea. We ended up using a soft muzzle on Daisy
for some things, so I never found out more about basket muzzles.

Anyway, I think teaching him to carry on command might be worth a try.
I've noticed napkins and the like are hard to drop, since they stick to
Loki's tongue, so that would make it harder for Krokus to change the
safe napkin for a scary one.

Let us know if you decide to try it and how it works.

Tami