[nagdu] my dog growls at other dogs.

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:56:30 UTC 2015

here is the situation that i have with my current dog.
she is a very fit 78 pound 6 year old german shepherd.
if she is lying under my seat, for example, and, along comes another guide dog and, the handler lets their dog get into my dog’s face, she will growl very loudly.  she doesn’t move but, she sounds like she is going to eat them up.
i was on the bus the other day and, this person got on with another guide dog.  i heard it coming and was aware of what my dog was doing, she was under my seat.  so, this other dog comes over and starts getting into my dog’s face, and, she growled.  i said, your dog is sniffing mine, that’s why she growled.
he proceeded to ask me where i got her and, when i told him, he started bashing the school.
lol.
i, did not say, hey, why did your seeing eye dog come over here and bother my pilot dog in the first place.
now, if the dogs keep to themselves, she doesn’t do anything but look.  it’s only when she feels they are getting into her space.  and, frankly, i don’t blame her.
i do think though, that many folks would think that my dog is being aggressive.
just an interesting situation.

Vivianna