[nagdu] Question about poodle guides

Kerri Stovall spedangel84 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:23:04 UTC 2015

Hi list,
I don't write much so I thought I'd come out of my mousehole for a little while. lol
I have been following some of the posts on here about dog schools and different breeds, which peaked my interest. I wanted to ask for some feedback and more info on a certain breed of dog, and if keeping a thread about a certain breed is not acceptable, that's ok, I'll give my email address at the end of the post here, so that you all can respond to me off list.
I have read where some of you either know someone with or have a poodle for a guide yourself. This is what I'm on the waiting list for, and that's why it's taking forever and a day. lol. So I'm trying to read up and get as much info from people who have them as to their character, temperament, caring for them, etc. I have checked out grooming fees, and $60 or a little more seems to be the average price for a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, and a short whole body clip, which is what I would want for easy maintenance.
So, I just basically want all the juicy details about poodles that you all might have. Are they focused? Distractable? Easy to control or train new things? What are their eating habits? Size and weight? Stuff like that.
Thank you all for your responses in advance, and I hope and pray that Pilot doesn't make me wait another year before I hear from them. lol. I've been waiting since November or so and I'm missing the feel of a harness. Here's my email for those of you who'd like to respond by email off list.
spedangel84 at gmail.com
Thank you for all of your info ahead of time.
Kerri, patiently, well not so patiently, waiting on her poodle

Sent from my iPhone