[nagdu] Fwd: 5 Reasons Why Guide Dogs Are a Terrible Idea!

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 23:59:07 UTC 2015

I don't think this is my 5th post today.  And maybe as an NFB
person I shouldn't feel this way, but if I didn't think that at
least for me, traveling with a dog is better and more beneficial
than a cane, I wouldn't do it.  I could just shove my cane in a
corner and forget it until I need it.  People don't come and try
to pet my cane or talk to it.  Or ask me stupid questions like
"Is that cane blind"? And maybe this is wrong in the eyes of some
people but I feel a lot more vulnerable and alone when I don't
have a dog at my side.  Yes, I'll get from point a to point d or
wherever while I'm waiting for a new class date, but it won't be
as much fun, and I won't enjoy the journey quite as much.
Debby