[nagdu] choosing a particular breed and reasons why?

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:38:25 UTC 2015

When I went for my first guide dog, I was hoping for a female golden
retriever. I didn't request anything, though, because I knew GDF wanted to
match me up with a dog they felt would best meet my needs and match my
personality. They gave me Simba, a male black Lab. Go figure. Since then, I
say, "I don't care what you give me, as long as he's black." I've had two
Labs and 2 black Golden/Lab crosses. Next time, I might drop the black
thing, but I love having boys. Just a personal prejudice; I'm not saying
boys are better than girls, just for me.
Donna & Hunter