[nagdu] Benadryl Alternative

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 25 17:34:43 UTC 2015

Good morning!

I have been posting a bit about jenny's allergies that have made her extremely reactive + itchy.  She has been on Benadryl (25mg twice a day) for a little over a week now, and while her reactivity has almost stopped entirely, the itching has persisted, though with less frequency.

Has anyone used any other over-the-counter allergy meds?  We're going to be dealing with this short-term until we get a good rain that washes away the snow mould, which is what I am pretty sure is bothering both of us (even I have itchy eyes, a stuffed nose, and have started breaking out in hives).  I an willing to up the dose of Benadryl slightly, as the vet recommended a low dosage (based on her weight, she can safely receive twice the dosage she is, but to me that seems excessive).  We have a followup visit with the vet on Tuesday to check out her bladder infection, so will also ask then.

Thanks!

Daryl and Jenny, dueling scratchers