[nagdu] Customer satisfaction

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 22:16:34 UTC 2015

Hi

There are a few things to be aware of about GDF.  They do not have classes
every month like many other schools.   They do not give preference to their
own graduates when applying for a new dog.  They tell you even though you're
a current graduate, that is no guaranty you will b accepted.  In addition to
guide dogs, they have their Vet-Dogs program that trains dogs for disabled
veterans.  That program uses up most of their resources, financial, trainers
and good dogs.  This year they went to a shorter 12 day program, even for
new students.  I don't mind shorter training times but, I know it is an
issue of many people.  They only issue the offset handles, which I hate.  If
you like them, then you'll b fine.  Finally, their health screening is
horrible.  In November 2005 I was sent home with Sunny who had a slipped
disc at the base of her spine.  in July 208 I was sent home with Tara who
had hip dysplasia.  These serious medical issues can result in you having to
return a dog or, spending a fortune on vet bills.  In other words, be a wise
consumer.  Do lots of research before you make a big mistake and choose the
wrong school.  Fortunately I got Eva from another school.

Sandra