[nagdu] Allergies: was Zylkene?

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 02:29:56 UTC 2015

Daryl and all:

At first my vet thought it was food.  He had me feed her a diet based on
fish and potato.  That really didn't make any difference.  I feel very
strongly it is environmental because during the winter she was better.  Now
with molds high and the trees and grasses starting to bloom, she's more
itchy.  Her ears get quite clogged.  My vet calls them allergy ears.  During
the winter I only have to use the ear cleanser twice a month but, last
summer and now this spring we're back to using it more often.  She's
scratching and digging at her hears and shaking her head more.  During the
winter her coat was a bit dry so I used a moisturizer grooming spray.  Now
that spray keeps her coat soft and moist but with the change of season,
she's begun to itch more.  Allergy testing is very expensive so, my vet
didn't recommend it.  I'll have to really think about it and if necessary
consult with another vet.  Have any of you had your dogs allergy tested?  If
so, does it give good results?  Is this something I should consider?  Have
you found any medications or natural treatments that will help?  Eva already
gets two Allergy 3 capsules per day, one with each meal.

Sandra and Eva