[nagdu] apartment hunting need input hear

Lori Dent RECENT
Sun Mar 29 21:44:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,

My fiancee Rick and I have a cat and a  Chihuahua and their our pets and as you all know I have my guide dog Gipp. Rick and I are looking around at apartments  because we eventually want to move from where were living at now.

Acouple of weeks ago Rick and I went apartment hunting  and we looked at the WoodGate  Apartments  because they do take small dogs and cats.So we went to these WoodGate Apartments and  we sat down and talked with the manager or management of WoodGate  Apartments and explained to them were looking for a 2 bedroom apartment  and that we came hear because they excepted cats and small dogs. The manager or management  knew of my guide dog  because I brought my guide with me when we looked at the WoodGate Apartments.

The management at WoodGate knows that they can't charge me for having my guide dog. but hear's  the situation and I'm wanting thoughts and opinions on this. Their policy  concerning pets is they allow one cat and one dog that is it. So even though they can't charge me for Gipp because he's my guide dog they consider him as a  dog. Meaning I can have Gipp  with me without getting charged  and have my cat. But I can't have my small Chihuahua dog . They said I can't have 2 dogs and a cat even though Gipp doesn't count  but Gipp does count as a dog in the household . I'm not giving up my Chihuahua.

So  I can only have a cat and one dog living with us  in these WoodGate apartments. I can't have 2 dogs and a cat even though the management knows that they can't charge me for Gipp they consider  him as a dog in the house hold. So how can if any  can I go about having both dogs   living with me in these potential  apartments.Their pet policy is cats and small dogs allowed  but with having Gipp which he is allowed and  they won't charge me for him but considers him as a dog in the house hold meaning then I couldn' have my Chihuahua then.

The oneAssisdent  manager did call their corperat headquarters  and asked  about  having 2 dogs  knowing that I have a service anemal my guide dog  and a small dog and seeing if I could have both dogs  but corperat headquarters said  no exceptions I can only have one dog and one cat. Ican't have 2 cats and one dog or 2 dogs and one cat it's only one cat and one dog. Any thoughts on this issue? Do I have any legal  rights hear or not?

Like I said I'm not giving up my Chihuahua  so I can have Gipp with me. Besides, the management knows they can't charge me for Gipp. so he doesn't count but on the other hand he counts because their considering him as a dog in the household. But the pet policy does state cats and small dogs allowed and if it wasn't for this  only one cat and one dog  rule Rick and I could move into these WoodGate Apartments. Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Take care.

Lori and the Gipper