[nagdu] Really? Haunted House?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:10:42 UTC 2015

Are there certain haunted houses I might consider not taking my dog
to? Yes. But to rule out all haunted houses just because things are
dramatic? That's silly.
If your dog has ever spent any amount of time around young children,
you and your friends/family goofing around, playgrounds, and athletic
fields, they've been well exposed to screaming people. Dogs are
exposed to the kind of noises in haunted houses if you've ever been to
fares, parties, playgrounds, malls, grocery stores during holiday
season, children's birthday parties, transit stations, airports, and
similar events and locations.
The haunted house where anyone is grabbed is a rare one.

If anything happens in a haunted house that a dog hasn't already been
exposed to, then that dog has been poorly socialized.
I'm not saying each situation that happens in a haunted house is ideal
for a dog to be in, but most haunted houses should be perfectly fine
to bring a well-trained, well-socialized guide dog through.

If a dog was noise-sensitive, I would not work that dog, considering I
go to all sorts of parties, concerts, malls, transit centers, and the
like. All of those places probably wouldn't be ideal for a
noise-sensitive dog.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs