[nagdu] Taking your guide dog to parties?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Nov 2 13:16:45 UTC 2015

It depends on the party.  I took my college dog to dances all the time.
Now, my husband and I go to dinner dances, and I don't take the dog,
because I don't want him unsupervised around food.
My neighbors throw a big Christmas party, potluck, and I don't take the
dog, because it's extremely crowded, and, again, there is a lot of food
low down, and I don't want to be worrying about him being stepped on or
snatching food.
But a less crowded party would be fine.  Or if the party was sufficiently
complex to get to that I preferred to have him to help me get there and
back.
Tracy