[nagdu] Taking your guide dog to parties?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:41:06 UTC 2015

Hi Raven, I have taken various dogs to parties.  It depends on
several things.  First of all, often parties are crowded and
there isn't a place to get my dog out of the way.  If people are
drinking then there is some concern on my part that she might get
stepped on.  But if I am sitting at a table and can be assured
that my dog can be under the table even if I'm out dancing then I
might take the dog.  Lamar was great.  He would just lie under
the table while I was out dancing or up singing onstage.  He was
always happy to have me back, but Cleo the dog before him, would
have dragged the table to get to me.  So I really think it
depends on the dog, and also who I'm with.  If I'm with friends
who might not be dancing, or if I'm singing and friends are out
in the audience, then I might leave my dog with them.     Debby
and Nova