[nagdu] Hollistic Vet?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:55:01 UTC 2015

Holistic vets typically charge more because they spend more time with
you. From what I've researched and heard from other natural-rearers,
holistic vets usually spend 1 to 3 hours with you for the first
consult or 2, whereas conventional vets only give you about a half
hour. Just say, if a conventional vet's fee for an office call is $60
for half hour, multiply that if you wanted to see them for 2 or 3
hours.

Holistic vets could really mean anything. Some people actually
implement holistic practices, and other vets adopt some holistic
therapies while running a practice that is 90% conventional. I would
ask what percentage of the practice is conventional or holistic. Many
of the holistic vets around here disclose how holistic they are.

I would ask some key questions to see whether or not a vet's values
align with mine. What kind of diet do you recommend? What kind of
vaccine schedule do you recommend? What approach do you recommend for
pest prevention?
If you don't have firm beliefs either way, those questions may not be
helpful in making a decision. And in that case, you could ask about
whether they offer holistic therapies and what kinds, and what is
their approach to resolving a chronic health problem. If you're a
truly holistic practitioner, there is only one right answer to that
last question. Holistic practitioners don't look to pills for
resolutions because pills only address symptoms and do not address the
underlying cause of the problem..

I think this is a great step toward healing your dog, and I wish you a
positive and empowering experience with this practitioner.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs