[nagdu] Hollistic Vet?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 3 14:17:28 UTC 2015

I've tried a vet who was listed as "holistic", but recommended conventional
flea preventives, vaccines, etc, and didn't seem to know any more about
dogfood than any other vet.  I wasn't impressed.
I also took another dog to a holistic vet a long time ago, who did actually
seem to be what I'd call holistic, but recommended thyroid meds without
doing any tests, which didn't impress me, either.
I hope your experience is better than mine.  Just, as always, don't discount
what you know about your dog and accept whatever the vet says without
discussion.  To me, that would be key in a holistic vet, and really any
vet--a willingness to discuss the problem and possible solutions with me,
respecting my opinions, but offering alternatives.
Tracy