[nagdu] fake service dogs revisited

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 11:11:13 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
I'm revisiting the subject of "fake service dogs" once again.
There is a resident in my apart complex who decided to go online, pay $100.00 and a vest so he could have his dog with him.
Two problems with the dog.
He has growled at Odie and I, amongst other dogs.
The growling instantly failed him as a service dog.
The individual acts like he/she (not sure of the owner being male or female, so refer to the person as it), claims his dog named Bolt will help calm down PTSD as I'm don't know if this individual has actually gone through counseling or not.
Here is the embarrassing part which makes me feel even more comfortable and I now focus on the cafeteria in our building.
It decides that while the so-called service dog allows other people feed human food to Bolt.
I have approached my service cordinator on this matter and would like to write a letter to the CEO of VOA to put a stop to this negative behavior.
What would the best approach be to handle this situation?
I want to become an owner-dog trainer as soon as I work on retiring Odie permanently, but have some questions.
If need be, I'm happy to have owner-dog trainers email me off list rather than to clog up the list.
During my time of owner-training, I want to be sure that I am a responsible dog handler and stick with training and consistancy like I learned with Odie and my previous guides.
I do have another question, but wil save it for the owner-dog trainers off list.
Sincerely:
Bibi and MAR son Odie
orleans24 at comcast.net