[nagdu] This was interesting

Abby Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:38:08 UTC 2015

So, my family owns a pizza parlor and when I go home for the weekend or on a break, I go work and help my parents   I have a small crate that cricket goes in the corner across from the door.
We had a customer come in and they saw my pup in her crate and they started telling my father that he wasn't allowed to have dogs in the restaurant  my father calmly told the customer that cricket was a service dog and was allowed to be in the dining room of the parlor
The customer continued to argue with my father about cricket being there, and my father finally told them that he would hate to lose their business but he was not going to move cricket. He offered that they could order carry out or he would deliver to them, but the customer was adamant about cricket not being in the shop.  My father then both pulled up the laws pertaining to service dogs in public establishments ant told the customer that if they weren't satisfied and wanted to continue arguing, they could leave or my father could call the police and have them removed by the police.
The customer left but a few days later, my father got a call from the health inspector about a dog in the shop. My father explained that crickets crate was in the dining room only as the health code is strict in its rules of no animal of any kind being allowed in a restaurants kitchen.
The health inspector was pleased with my fathers answer and the case was closed.
Now, it's obvious that my father knows the laws, and knows the boundaries of where cricket  is allowed to be and  where she isn't, but that got me to thinking.
What if this had  happened with another business, and even though the owner saw the laws and new that the dog was not allowed in the kitchen, they might still be wary of allowing people to bring their service dogs into the dining room to avoid this kind of situation. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone