[nagdu] Service Dog "Driver's License"?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 02:12:09 UTC 2015

Buddy, I have to respond to part of your message.  If I didn't
trust my school to train my dog, I wouldn't go there.  I think
(and I mean no disrespect, it's just an observation), that some
of you who owner train have a thing against the schools.  And I
actually think that's unfair.  People have been being guided well
by "program" dogs as many of you refer to dogs from schools, very
well for many many years.  You have the right to owner train your
dog, and I have pretty much kept my opinion about owner training
to myself.  I don't know what the answer is to certification,
showing ID from schools, etc.  But I truly am tired of hearing
about how the schools are untrustworthy, etc.  The schools
provide a service, just like any other school or training option.
People can freely choose to change schools if they find that the
one they have received their current dog from is not meeting
their needs.  As per Florida's service dog law, I think that's a
great law, and other states should pass these own.  We can do
more to educate businesses about their rights.  We can do more to
show people that REAL service dogs are trained, and won't poop in
their stores, or whatever.  Sorry, but if you choose not to get
your dog through a school, that's your choice, but please be
respectful of those who do choose to get their dogs through
schools.  I really don't appreciate the snide remarks.    Debby