[nagdu] searching for a new vet.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 18:49:18 UTC 2015

A few ideas in no particular order...

I agree with raven and Tracy on the food.  There are better choices for far
less than what you are paying.  Check out Chewy or Petflo.  They have the
ingredient list right there and you can sort by protein type or no grains
and a bunch of other criteria.  You can even call their customer service for
help with finding a food that will work for you.  Both companies have
excellent customer service. I've ordered from both and had excellent
experiences.  You wouldn't have to order from them though, just use the
sites to do research on the ingredient lists.

I love Mountain Rose herbs.  That is where I purchase all my herbs.  They
have quite a bit in capsules already for you.  If you don't have a picky
eater, you can sprinkle the herbs right onto the food, skip the capsule.  I
think turmeric  is awesome for inflammation of any variety.

I have not personally used this idea, but if I needed to purchase expensive
prescriptions on a regular basis, I'd check out an on-line option.  This
means your vet has to provide you with a prescription for you to use
elsewhere and I've heard some vets don't like to do this.  It could save you
a lot of money though.

Have you had an honest talk with your vet?  Perhaps there are cheaper
options available, but he/she hasn't suggested them because you were willing
to pay for the current protocol.  I don't ask for discounts, personally, but
I absolutely will always ask about all my options or generic equivalents.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC