[nagdu] Blind woman ordered to give up guide dog after it bites 3 strangers

David david at bakerinet.com
Sun Nov 15 22:08:14 UTC 2015

In our county, they have a no bite rule.  If a dog bites someone it is
put down -- no second chance.  I am very careful around children.  The
problem is that labs and goldens often mouth people when playing.  A
young child may believe that this is a bite and the parent may believe
them in the ensuing hysteria.  Failure to muzzle after any order seems
like bad judgment.

I feel sorry for the dog, this handler and those bitten.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL