[nagdu] Snow storm!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 24 16:00:28 UTC 2015

yesterday, we got our first snowstorm in a year. it took us an hour and a half to get home from work last night; this morning, getting TO work was much better. Jenny is incredibly decisive in the snow, especially if she finds safer pathways, and I get intensely disoriented without her.
She was a TOTAL rockstar on the way to the bus this morning, walking a little faster than I'd like, but we can work on that :) She handled the turns perfectly even when I was uncertain, was intensely focused, even tried to take an initiative and pull me over to a plowed sidewalk.
When we got off the bus, that's when we hit a snag. Either I got off the bus at the wrong stop (most likely)or I got SO turned around that I ended up going north instead of west (definitely not as likely!); we got really really lost. This is an industrial area with no sidewalks, low strip-mall buildings and vehicles everywhere, and it all looks the same on a good day.
Thankfully, someone tookpity on us and gave us a ride the rest of the way :)
I am SO glad to be at work... never thought I'd say that!

Daryl