[nagdu] Transitioning to the Cane was Humor for blind people

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Nov 26 14:16:14 UTC 2015

I hate when people start yelling directions at me, or getting all in a tizzy
because my cane has touched something, or they think my dog is cutting too
close to something.
Once, my husband and I went to a party at his cousin's house.  I took my
cane, because they had a small dog who didn't like other dogs.  I heard the
younger crowd having fun downstairs, so I picked up my cane and walked over
to the stairs to go down and check it out.  What a fuss!  Everyone was sure
I was going to fall down the stairs.  Good grief. So I dig what you mean
about feeling self-conscious sometimes.
Tracy