[nagdu] Grabbing my harness was Humor for blind people

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:18:40 UTC 2015

The only people who have grabbed my dog's harness were people who I
asked for help. So I was polite to them because I still wanted their
help. It's not like the person had no business interacting with us in
the first place. If they had been strangers and I was minding my own
business, they would get an earful of choice words.
I don't think it's right for them to grab the handle, but I also know
what it's like to help someone with a disability, and lack
understanding  of the extent of the help they need. It is a very
humbling experience, and it taught me to empathize with the headspace
of the people who I ask for help, or people who unhelpfully attempt to
force their assistance on me.

Now, when I ask people for help, I tell them exactly what I would like
them to do so that there is no question or confusion.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs