[nagdu] My voice is GONE!!

Danielle Cyclorama dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:05:34 UTC 2015

This happened to me last year. As others have said, hand signals and foot work are probably your best option if Jenny already knows them. My dog came to me knowing hand signals or some other cue based on body language for forward, left, right, about, heel (stand in heel position), under, down, and stay. I subsequently taught him hand signals for touch (which can also be used to get him to come from a distance), sit, and up. I got him to find doors he was already patterned to by suggesting a left or right turn and he fortunately found my seat automatically. He wore his Halti pretty much whenever he was actively guiding because I knew I could use the leash to guide his head away from distractions without verbally reminding him to stay on task.

Hope that was helpful,Danielle and Thai

Sent from my iPhone