[nagdu] Introduction

Wayne And Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Sun Nov 29 21:28:58 UTC 2015

HelloMorgan,As others have suggested, always give her a chance to Park before leaving and pay attention to her signals. Figure out her in harness "Mom, I gotta go potty!" signal/s and when she gives them try to find a spot and get her harness off so she can Park. Praise her up big time each time she let's you know.  There's no law that your guide can not potty while travelling, just a very strong aversion to our Guides relieving in harness.When I was training with LD Patriot ( ret., SH ) my second Guide in 2003 he parked in harness on route the first time we worked, talk about embarraseed.... We had been together less than twenty-four hours at that pount. I started offering a chance him to relieve immediately preceeding going out on route, but almost invariably, at some point on the route Riot would throw the signals ( thst I learned very quickly ) and I'd find a spot, unharness him and he'd do what he needed.  After getting home and aclimatizing to home this behaviour reduced until he regressed at the end of his career.With Harley, my current Guide, I try to maintain a Park schedule, but I stay flexible about relieving when needed. I hope this helps
Yours, Very Sincerely And Respectfully,

Wayne M. Scace