[nagdu] service animals and Uber or Lyft again

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:15:25 UTC 2015

One could argue that it might be better to let the driver know in
advance, this way if they cancel the ride, you 1) don't waste your
time, and 2) have a clear reason to report them. However I haven't
done this. If I have to argue with a driver about the law, I would
rather do so after they've driven to my location and are talking to me
in person. I have been able to convince a few drivers who initially
gave me a hard time. Letting them know in advance gives them an easy
out if they aren't taking you seriously/don't believe you'll report
them.

I do see the advantage of letting them know to help locate you, as
dogs are easy to spot and for some reason these drivers often don't
pull right up in front of your location, even if you put in the
address and it's extremely obvious.

Mike