[nagdu] service animals and Uber or Lyft again

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:16:02 UTC 2015

So Michael, if you used a wheelchair, would you disclose? And if
so, what if they showed up with a car that your chair wouldn't
fit in? Or that you couldn't get into because of it being too low
to the ground, or something? What's the difference? The ADA says
that transportation providers are supposed to not discriminate
against people with wheelchairs, too.  In that situation, is it
the fault of the person in the wheelchair if they don't disclose
and the driver shows up in a tiny sports car, and your dog won't
fit, even though the driver is willing.  Or your wheelchair
doesn't fit.  I'm all for doing what is going to help strengthen
the law, etc.  but I just don't think it's always very useful, or
helpful to anybody at times.    Debby