[nagdu] Guide dogs and haunted houses

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:12:26 UTC 2015

Has anyone taken their guide dog to a haunted house or through a
haunted playspace before? What was your experience?

Tonight, I am taking the Golden Guy through a haunted house, and I
think it will be his first time. I will take his harness off and carry
it with me, as I expect him to get excited by a lot of the sudden
noises, movements, and antics.

When I was in college, the school did an annual haunted hallways,
where they turned a 3-story dorm into a haunted house with a theme
such as insane asylum, abandoned factory, etc. When I went through
that, I also walked with the Golden Guy out of harness. He was very
excited by the shrill screaming, people slamming and banging on doors,
people lying or crawling on the floor, etc. I did not let him interact
with the people, even though he definitely wanted to investigate the
people lying on the floor, and jump up on the woman running down the
hall screaming. It was very funny, and an opportunity for him to enjoy
the event.

What are others' experiences?
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs