[nagdu] shedding a mountain

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 22:55:14 UTC 2015

Thank you Raven, hugs. One of Jake's nick names is Skinny But, grin. We were
swimming the dogs and Jake came out of the water. Brian said, Wow didn't
know he was so skinny and with a punk hair due. I laughed and laughed. Jake
just has a nice full coat with a lion type main. I love the rake. I found a
brush with wide apart bristles that acts like a rake. I can get up under the
coat by back combing him.

Actually my first thought was thyroid, but he doesn't have any of the
symptoms. Plus his age also makes me think thyroid. But this summer has been
very hot and very dry on this leftist coast. Now it is cooler. But for sure
I am keeping an eye on him. Our lab is probably going in for another
checkup, so if by then his coat is thinner I will insist on blood tests. The
vets do a double take they just can't believe he is older, well, other than
his mask. But really he is getting lighter all over his hips, neck and
shoulders. So soon he will blend in and who will know he is ten, giggle.

Becky and skinny butt, nocks dat off, sniff. Love Jake