[NAGDU] dogs and convention

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:15:19 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I agree that convention can be stressful for both dogs and  handlers.

I have found that it is helpful to arrive a couple of days before the
seminar day so that I can get the lay of the land, so to speak.

Also, schools often send instructors who can help with issues and also with
orientation questions.

Others have said this,and I also agree that it is very important to give
your dog downtime. I sometimes did this and just arrived a little later at
meetings and so forth.

I think it is a rewarding experience to bring our dogs to the convention
because they show you what they are capable of handling.

Best

Liz