[NAGDU] [nagdu] Blanket Prosciption Against Advance Notice

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 2 18:03:09 UTC 2016

David,

	I don't want to be too contentious, but I believe preferential
treatment has the unintended effect of promulgating misconceptions about our
blindness by affording us a compensation for which we did not pay? This is a
little like what we hear so many times about God giving us a keener sense of
eharing or touch to compensate for our blindness. Perhaps we should all have
another read of "The Pros & Cons of Preferrential Treatment" by Kenneth
Jernigan.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.