[NAGDU] An interesting question

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:44:40 UTC 2016

I agree this should be a criminal offense, as it is in Washington
State.  We have Leila's Law because of someone's guide dog that
was attacked.  I do not know, however whether anyone has been
convicted under this law.  I believe this law should be expanded
to include other service dogs.

I do agree with what Julie said, in some regard.  Anytime any dog
is attacked, it is traumatic for the dog, and also for the owners
of the dog.  However, it is a very different thing if a service
dog is attacked.  There is the high cost of breeding, training,
etc.  for the service dog.  There is also the factor of the dog
now perhaps being unable to perform the task or tasks that it was
trained to perform to mitigate a disability.  This is the
difference, ow believe between a "pet" being attacked vs.  a
service dog.    Debby