[NAGDU] Applying for first guide dog - FMLA

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:58:57 UTC 2016

				I'd only mention getting a guide dog and the
time off when you have a firm date for class. People do this all the time
"I'm going on a cruise from July-10-15, I'm having surgery on Sept. 12 and
will be out until the 16th"... that sort of thing.
No way would I go into an interview and say "I'm getting a guide dog, I
don't know when, and you all will have to do without me until I come back".
Nobody in their right mind will hire someone who isn't going to be there to
work, makes it known up front, and expects the employer to just accept it.
People hire others because they have a need and if you can't or aren't
willing to meet said need when it is needed, there is no reason anybody
should hire you.