[NAGDU] Standing out

amc05111 at gmail.com amc05111 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 02:31:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Yes, we will all stand out whether we use a cane or a dog. The world thinks that people who are blind are different because we do not meet  their perceptions of who a blind or disabled person is.
What we can do though is keep educating others and using the methods we are most comfortable with. For me that will always be a dog; but for others, that will be a cane.
I saw an article that says by the year of 2050 the number of blind people will grow substantially. I'm not sure of the exact numbers though.
If we were to go back and look at how things were 10 or 25 years ago, we would see how differently things are today. So what about the future? What if we were to go into the future 25 years?
Just some thoughts I had on the recent conversation.

Ashley