[NAGDU] economical dog food

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 13:49:51 UTC 2017

Julie:

Purina Dog Chow is a good price for someone on a budget.  In grocery and
department stores it is less than $1 per pound.  The most economical way to
buy it is in the 40 pound bag that sometimes includes an extra 6 pounds
bonus.  My sister has found it for me at Rural King for $20 to $22.  It is
listed at very reasonable prices on several of the dog food websites too.

At first when my sister brought me a bag I was a bit worried about the
nutritional value especially for a working dog.  I had used other higher
priced Purina products such as Purina ProPlan Purina One and Purina Beneful
witch all sell for approximately $1 per pound.  I asked my vet and she said
there is no need to feed expensive foods.  The lower priced name brands such
as Purina Dog Chow are perfectly suitable.  More information about the
Purina dry foods can be found at www.purina.com.  For other lower priced dry
dog foods search on some of the other dog food websites.  Some companies
offer free shipping if you order the larger bags.  I hope this helps your
friend.  Having to take care of a guide dog is a real concern for those of
us on very low incomes.

Sandra Johnson