[NAGDU] Guide dog in uniform.

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:04:48 UTC 2017

My Uniform'''..

I know you only see a dog when you see me in the street,

But look a little closer before we get to meet.

You'll see I'm in my uniform, this harness that I wear,

Should tell you that I'm working, I have a human in my care.

The flash that shines upon my lead shouts out the job I do,

I'm guiding in my uniform, I'm steady and I'm true.

Now would you grab a policeman, a doctor, nurse or nun,

A fireman or a surgeon, so you could have some fun.

Would you want to hug them, distract them from their task

I'm not so very different, so THINK, is all I ask.

I'm doing such a special job, I'm being someone's eyes

Distracting me to make a fuss, really isn't wise.

Would you rush to hug a police dog, or a sniffer dog for drugs,

Or a guard dog barking madly, just to get some hugs?

I doubt they'd greet you kindly, their owners too may shout.

So please I ask you nicely, walk on and miss me out.

I'm working in my uniform, it's very clear to see.

So this I ask you kindly, don't attempt to distract me!

Copyright (c) 2017 Penny Parker