[NAGDU] Guide dogs in school districts

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Feb 9 22:00:55 UTC 2017

I know of 2 students who had guide dogs in high school and they were both
positive experiences. I worked in schools with my guide dog. I did have to
retire one when I first began working in schools because children made him
extremely nervous. The school considered the working conditions when I
trained with the next dog. I don't think any special information needs to
be in the IEP. If the student is mature enough to have a guide dog then
he/she should be mature enough to advocate for herself if any situations
come up.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053