[NAGDU] Ownership comments South east situation

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:22:28 UTC 2017

I will just say this and then I think I am finished with this topic because
I think most has been said. The guide dog is a gift in a way. We receive
them for almost free or for very little money. Some of us get cheaper or no
pay care. Still though, we need to own the dogs after they are given to us.
You don't give a gift and keep ownership of it just in case you don't lilke
what I did with that gift. We must still be treated with respect.
As for the message earlier about goading and ridiculing the schools, I think
we have mainly been respectful at our meeetings, and Marion has had
professional, ongoing discussions with them. I think we annoy them
sometimes, but that doesn't mean we are disrespectful. It may well be true
that handlers don't come to our meetings because they don't want to get into
these discussions. As you can see, the ownership issue is an amazingly
emotional one. I do believe that Marion has done more for NAGDU than any
other NAGDU President, though Iknow each has made a substantial
contribution. I applaud Marion for the efforts he makes on our behalf.

Cindy Lou Ray
cindyray at gmail.com