[NAGDU] Acclimating a dog to being at the side of a pool

Lisa Ison lison1273 at live.com
Sat Jul 8 21:12:36 UTC 2017

Hi all, my name is Lisa Ison. I have a guide dog and her name is Nori.  I had her guide me to my apartment complexes pool today. I tied her down under a table with an umbrella so she could have some shade. I thought she might enjoy being out of the apartment and being with me while I swim and had other people swimming as well. I thought she would like this since she would not be stuck in the apartment all day. However when I jumped in she whined like someone was killing her. How do I get her used to being at the pool and being quiet. I tried jumping in twice and she whined both times. HELP!!!  I want to be able to enjoy my weekends at the pool with my dog by my side. What can I do? What would you suggest? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and much valued.

Lisa Ison
Sent from my iPhone