[NAGDU] filing a complaint

David david at bakerinet.com
Mon Jul 17 16:37:10 UTC 2017

Julie, I believe that the airport, itself, is covered by the ADA.

I actually got caught by an escalator at the Atlanta airport some years
ago.  My pant leg got caught between one of the bottom side rails and a
stair tread.  Fortunately, I managed to rip the bottom off my trousers
as my leg was being pulled into the mechanism.  It was a scary event and
took all of my strength.

It is obvious that some people don't understand how we are trained,
together with our guide dogs, to safely handle escalators.  At 70
pounds, it is quite a lift to pull Claire up by the chest belt when we
reach the tread comb at the end.  That is where the danger is.  She has
become very adept at the escalator leap. I think that it is not so much
of a problem with our size of dogs, but those fluffy-puffy ESAs have
tiny toes.  While it is no excuse for you to be treated in such a crude
manner, he may have seen some horrendous injuries to the little pups on
escalators.

*David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com

*