[NAGDU] FW: [Njagdu] Blind woman and guide dog kicked off American Airline flight

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Mar 16 17:26:12 UTC 2017

The sometimes long waits for assistance have been a problem with Delta, yes, but in all other respects, I've had great experiences with them. I think the folks who do the gate assists are contracted with the airport, not the airlines though. Could be wrong. In any case, when waits get too long I just start going. When we were on our way to Ukraine in 2004, we had a tight connection in Detroit, from our regional flight from Erie to our international flight to Amsterdam. No assistance to be had. Oh, sure, the wheelchair Melanie requested was there for her, but no one to push. So I pushed, and we started making our way to the other terminal and our Amsterdam flight. We must've made somebody nervous, because an off-duty flight attendant then took us to our connecting gate. Worked out great.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name